Feedback

PEER is looking for feedback on OpenFresco and OpenFrescoExpress. Any comments related to the enhancement of its features and functionality are requested so that this information can be used to improve the software platform. Please enter your comments below, and the PEER staff will respond to your feedback as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful response.

1. fatemiha@gmail.com says:

I have a question, why OpenFresco sends displacements in each iteration? It is supposed to be sent at the end of each step. I my code I see that Labview receives a displacement command from OS/OF at the end each iteration. Where could be my mistake?

2. nageyuye says:

Hello:
    Is there any examples about the dSPACE coupling the openfresco? we have the actuators and dSPACE 1104, but how to combine them together?

3. Igor says:

Hello,
    is OpenFresco compatible with Windows7-64?

I didn’t find the answer in manuals, ppt, etc. at least concerning possible new implemented compatibility. Thank you very much,
    cheers,

4. lsjeaily says:

hello,
    I am Li Shuangjinag and a new user of openfresco ,now I want to do a hybrid simulation by using abaqus and openfresco,but I don’t know how to use it becaus there are no user manual abaut it ,who can give me some suggest and help!best wish from china!

5. mrtz87 says:

Hi, I want to run a hybrid simulation using Openfresco between a few Abaqus and OpenSees components, and my Abaqus components engage a user-subroutine (UEL) in them as zero-length elements. Could you please advice on how could this be done (i.e. engaging the user-subroutines (UELs) in the hybrid simulation), or may be direct me to an example? Do we have an example manual for using Openfresco with Abaqus? I would appreciate any help.

Best regards,
    Syed Murtuza Abbas

6. Andreas Schellenberg says:

We will look into Octave and SCILAB to check if they provide the necessary capabilities to adapt OpenFrescoExpress. Thanks for the suggestions!

7. shezargar says:

Hello,
    I have been trying to run the “LShapedColumn_Server1b.tcl” file for the “SimDomain Experimental Control Example”. However, I get the “invalid command name “expControlPoint”. I would appreciate if you could tell me how to resolve this error. I should mention that I am only running the file from the LShapedColumn example in the opensees directory.
    Shokoufeh

8. stefano4fem says:

Hello,

not everyone is a matlab user with a license for money.

Octave is a matlab clone. Other alternative is also SCILAB (see http://www.scilab.org)

Is it possible to adapt Openfresco Express also for Octave or Scilab.

So students worldwide can work with it without money for matlab license.

Great software !!!
    and best greetings from germany